Being a parent rep
Parent Reps are really important to the Group and they play a valuable role in the management of the Group. They are there to raise any issues parents may have with their child’s Section, or as a point of liaison if a parent feels they have any great fund-raising ideas, or wishes to help out at an event or activity.
Would you like to get involved with the decisions that make your child’s Scout Group run?
Do you have skills from work that you could bring to our Group?
Then becoming a Group Exec Parent Rep may be the role for you!
Group Executive Committee meets around 6 times a year plus the AGM and is made up of a Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Section Leaders, Fundraising Committee rep and Section parent reps. The committee is an integral part of our Group and extends support to the Group Scout Leader in meeting the responsibilities of their appointment and that of the Charity Commission. The committee is responsible for:
- The maintenance of the Group’s equipment
- The raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance
- The insurance of person and equipment
- Assisting with the recruitment of leaders and other adult support
- Organising social events
Being a parent rep you would:
- Play an important part in helping the committee provide good scouting for our young people
- Be the voice of your Section parents at executive meetings
- Offer opinions and advice on topics that affect the Group
- Help the Group develop as it grows
We currently have parent rep vacancies for all sections.
If you’re interest and can help, why not come along and join Team6th, get more information using the button below? Oh and the skills you will learn and the experience you will gain will look great on the CV too!